OZONE EDGE V12
FULL GAS, ALWAYS
Experience a world of power at your fingertips. Since inception in 2007 the Edge has been purpose built to provide the ultimate freeride experience, capable of heartstopping riding speeds and gravity defying big air performance.
After 16 years of refinement the V12 also offers a handling quality that will supercharge the sessions of any intermediate twin-tip rider, not just the super high flying renegades!
- High adrenaline free ride machine with crazy upwind performance
- Massive boost and hang time
- Transverse shaping and ultra taut canopy
- Powerful sheeting with excellent control for super fast riding
- Refined handling, pre-loaded tips and ultra smooth flying
MAINTAINING THE MAGIC
The Ozone Edge V12 represents the continued development of a genuine kiteboarding icon. Two years after the launch of the V11, the refinements in the V12 will only increase the enjoyment of anyone who already loves the Edge’s unique performance possibilities.
If you’re yet to experience the Edge’s powerful personality, there’s never been a better time to jump into the cockpit. The V12’s aerodynamic developments offer even more control and responsive feel for the pilot than ever before.
SHRED HARD WITH A WIDER RANGE
The Ozone Edge has always provided mind-altering experiences in strong winds, but the advantages of transverse shaping and the Ozone Edge V12’s clean and taut canopy profile also deliver sublime experiences for those looking to enjoy powder-like freeriding in lighter conditions, too.
EVOLUTION NOT REVOLUTION
The Ozone Edge V12 retains a similar DNA to the Edge V11 with the increased canopy tautness that we have since implemented in the Enduro V4, Reo V7 and Reo V7 Ultra-X thanks to the introduction of transverse sail shaping in the canopy cloth that runs parallel with the leading edge.
Less visually obvious, but noticeable in improved bar feel, a pre-loaded leading edge adds additional tension into the canopy which forms a tighter shape, bringing more rigidity and less sail flutter.
OZone’s TIGHTEST CANOPY YET
Applying the experience of Ozone’a paragliding design colleagues, the Ozone Edge V12 features an extra seam in the sail running close to the leading edge, which allows for more true 3D shaping.
The primary focus is always centred around aerodynamic performance and the biggest aerodynamic gains come from being able to maintain the cleanest aerofoil and tightest canopy at all times. Searching for as tight a canopy as possible is a continuous journey.
Not only have Ozone managed to add more profile curvature through transverse shaping, but they have also added more strength in the high lift zone thanks to the extra seams.
NOTHING BUT PURE PERFORMANCE
As ever, the ‘Born Light: Genetically Strong’ ethos is applied through every stage of manufacturing. Thanks to the advantage Ozone have in owning their own factory in Vietnam, where 1000 skilled workers apply their careful skill and attention, Ozone products are guaranteed to provide incredible aerodynamic performance with built-in strength.
All you’ll ever find on all Ozone kites is exactly what’s needed to meet a rider’s performance demands; nothing more, nothing less.
WHAT YOU FEEL With the Ozone Edge v12:
- Fast but smooth ride with huge amounts of power on tap
- Improved bar feeling and more direct feedback
- Crazy upwind angles
- Exciting lift that’s easy to access
- More aggressive handling leads to mind blowing lift performance
- Sublime float and hangtime
- Rock solid canopy in even the strongest conditions
- Excellent feeling of control at both ends of the wind range
- Mix of sheet-and-go performance and quick, precise steering
- More drive through the window and more control at the edge of the window
WHy you feel it:
- New refined design and sail control
- Transverse sail shaping results in a cleaner aerofoil for increased performance
- Improved and cleaned up aerofoil section delivers more drive through the window
- Pre-loaded wing tips add aerodynamic performance
- Reduced drag
- Improved low end
- High performance Technora bridle lines offer a vast reduction in parasitic drag
- Three back-line tab settings to tweak bar pressure and turning speed
- Lightweight EVA anti flap battens improve overall aerodynamic flow and trailing edge finish
- High aspect planform with intricate sail shaping for fast handling and direct response
- Highly supportive five strut design delivers incredible stability in the most extreme conditions