SLINGSHOT 2021 KITES
SLINGSHOT RPX V1
Introducing the new Slingshot RPX V1
What to expect?
SPEED | VERSATILITY | CONTROL
Fueled by insights from the world’s most demanding kiteboarders in all disciplines, we Slingshot the all-new RPX
based on the learnings from their premiere high-performance freeride kite, the legendary RPM.
Exceptional Response & Return
A completely redesigned Trailing Edge shape has been implemented on the RPX. Reshaping the trailing edge has allowed us to eliminate areas of turbulence, drag and flutter. This has ushered in next level response out of the kite; meaning better return to the top of window during looping, tighter turning radius’ for surfing, and lighting fast reaction speed.
Clean By Design
The RPX is loaded with new technology that includes a new streamlined premium FlyLine Bridle System. This new system boasts a diameter of a mere 1.6mm which is a 25% reduction from the previous version. It’s stronger, lighter, and allows the kite to move through the air with less drag. The canopy of the RPX had been designed to meet the needs of the modern kiteboarder. This new and highly refined canopy profile features a reduction of 88 panels from its predecessor; the RPM. The result is a one-two punch of weight reduction and cleaner airflow.
Open Up Possibilities
The RPX has been built upon a longstanding Slingshot Invention, the “Open C Canopy.” Often overlooked and misunderstood, the “Open C Canopy” is the magic of the RPX and its predecessor the RPM. This flatter arc offers extensive range, depower, and upwind ability while also providing accurate handling and energetic response. This harmonious blend of performance and comfort enables you to progress and per-form no matter who you are. The RPX is the culmination of our incredible journey with a wide array of athletes, designers, and inven-tors to create the next evolution of a versatility in a kite.
Slingshot RPX V1 Key Features
1. NEW Redesigned Trailing Edge: A completely redesigned edge has allowed us to eliminate areas of turbulence, drag and flutter. This has ushered in next level response out of the kite as well as better return to the top of window during kite loops and Megaloops.
2. NEW Clean Canopy: We reduced canopy paneling from 108 individual panels to 20. This reduces the kites overall weight while also providing a more aerodynamic canopy profile.
3. NEW Redesigned Trailing Edge: A completely redesigned edge has allowed us to eliminate areas of turbulence, drag and flutter. This has ushered in next level response out of the kite as well as better return to the top of window during kite loops and Megaloops.
4. NEW One Pump Speed System: The patented Slingshot invention now used industry-wide has gotten an upgrade. We have increased our One Pump tube diameters for cleaner airflow for easier inflation as well as repositioned the tubes to be more streamlined and durable.
5. NEW Open C Canopy: This flatter C shaped arc offers extensive range, depower, and upwind ability while also providing accu-rate handling and energetic response. This harmonious blend of performance and comfort enables you to progress and perform no matter who you are.
6. NEW 4×4 Canopy Tech: The RPX is built with Teijin 4×4 reinforced ripstop material. This is the strongest, stiffest and most durable canopy material on the market. Your kite will last longer, have a higher resale value and feel more solid and stable in the air, especially in gusty wind.
7. NEW SplitStrut: A Slingshot invention that has been borrowed industry wide, SplitStrut integrates the kite canopy and struts into one firmly interconnected piece rather than the canopy being sewn over the strut like lesser designs. Split Strut creates a stronger, more stable and more durable canopy, enhances power under heavy load and creates efficiency and rigidity in the overall frame.
8. NEW Multiple Attachment Points: Different attachment points integrated into the kite allow you to fine-tune handling, power and perfor-mance based on your riding style and the conditions of a particular session. Even small changes to these settings can make a big impact on the kite’s overall performance, making this an important tool for getting the most out of your kite every time you ride.